But let's dive into this easy, relatively cheap, and hearty butternut squash sweet potato soup. It was so delicious that I've made it two weeks in a row now.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 40 minutes
3 cloves minced garlic
2 tablespoons fresh minced ginger
1 medium onion, chopped
2 large carrots, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 sweet potatoes, chopped
1 medium butternut squash
2 tablespoons Earth Balance vegan butter
4 cups vegetable broth
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2 tablespoons organic coconut sugar
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Dash of oregano
Dash of cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Cut the butternut squash in half and place on a cookie sheet with some water, so the squash can absorb it. Bake for 30 minutes or until you can easily stick a fork in it.
2. While the squash is baking, saute garlic, ginger, onion, carrots, and celery in a large pot with the Earth Balance vegan butter for 5 - 10 minutes, stirring constantly or until brown.
3. Add the sweet potatoes, almond milk, vegetable broth, and coconut sugar. Simmer for 30 - 40 minutes until all of the vegetables are soft.
4. Add the squash, salt, pepper, and oregano to the soup. Cook for a few more minutes.
5. Turn heat off and set the soup aside. Use an immersion blender to mix all of the ingredients together until creamy and smooth. Add a dash of cinnamon to each serving.