But when you mix some spices with creativity, you can transform an ugly, tasteless block of soybeans into something magnificent! In this case, you can make a delicious, easy Vegan appetizer in under 30 minutes.
1 (14 oz) block of Organic Extra Firm Tofu
2.5 Tablespoons Crunchy Organic Peanut Butter
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
5 Tablespoons Hot Water
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger Powder
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil or Sesame Oil
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Remove the Tofu from the packaging and drain. Press the Tofu on a cutting board until completely dry using paper towels. Cut the Tofu into thick cubes.
3. Place the Tofu cubes onto a nonstick cookie sheet in a single layer.
4. Bake the Tofu cubes for 25 minutes, flipping half way through to ensure they are crispy on all sides. While the Tofu is baking, mix all of the sauce ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
5. If the sauce is too thin, add flour, one tablespoon at a time.
6. Remove the Tofu from the oven after 25 minutes and allow to cool on a baking cooling rack. Once cool, place the Tofu cubes in a bowl and pour sauce over them. Allow to marinate for about 10 minutes. If you are using a bowl that is oven safe, I'd recommend throwing the Tofu back in the oven for a few minutes to heat up before serving.