Wow, this was a long week, how about for anyone else? I got sick (again), hibernated most days, and generally felt like a recluse! Maybe that's how most Januarys go when you live in New England.
Anyways, to bring some sunshine into my days I've been fiddling around in the kitchen and came up with this sweet but not too sweet muffin. I love crunchy peanut butter, bananas, and chocolate (well, who doesn't?). So I figured, why not combine all three and see what happens?
It was beautiful what happened. You need to make this recipe stat. It's very simple and won't consume much of your time. Best of all? There are no oils or vegan butters, so you can enjoy them with half the guilt!
1 1/2 cup all purpose organic Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
3 large organic Bananas, mashed
1/3 cup organic Cane Sugar
1/4 cup organic Agave
2 Neat Eggs
1/4 cup organic Applesauce
1/3 cup organic crunchy Peanut Butter at room temperature (I prefer Teddie Natural Peanut Butter)
1/4 cup organic Vanilla Almond Milk (Almond Breeze works great)
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
1/3 cup Enjoy Life Mega Chocolate Chunks & more for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 12 pan muffin tin with baking cups or spray with a nonstick coconut spray.
2. In a medium size mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt). Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the bananas, cane sugar, Agave, Neat eggs, and applesauce. Mix until well combined. Slowly add in the peanut butter, almond milk, and lemon juice. Mix well. Add the chocolate chunks.
4. Divide batter evenly among the 12 muffin tins, filling 3/4 of the way to the top. Top with additional chocolate chunks.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick or knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.